Monday 25 February 2013

Taking up Matt Hutson's Hobby Challenge

In this month's White Dwarf Matt Hutson laid down a challenge to the rest of the WD team: to paint a new force in time for the next issue to go to print. Having had no luck at all with the hobby vows I'd been setting myself I thought “If I'm going to fail, I might as well fail to a generous deadline.”.

Optimism, that's what I want anyone who stumbles upon this blog to find: optimism.

The next White Dwarf hits on Saturday 30th March (New Doctor Who Day!) so that gives me thirty four days in which to paint a workable army. For this project I've chosen the Tomb Kings since I have all the miniatures I need already. In my mind the minimum workable army size in Warhammer is 1,000 points so that'll be my goal. Picking and choosing from my original 2,000 army list gives me this tidy little force:

Heroes
Tomb Prince armed with great weapon and light armour. Army General. 106 points
Liche Priest armed with hand weapon, Level 2 Wizard using the Lore of Nehekhara riding a Skeletal Steed. Heirophant. 115 points
Liche Priest armed with hand weapon, Level 1 Wizard. 70 points
Core
20 Skeleton Warriors armed with spear, light armour and shield, full command. 150 points
11 Skeleton Horsemen armed with spear, light armour and shield, full command. 184 points
3 Skeleton Chariots, Charioteers armed with spear and bow, full command. 195 points.
Special
3 Sephulchral Stalkers armed with halberds.165 points

985 points

40 models in 34 days doesn't seem too much of a challenge and even if I don't quite make it I'll have made a dent in the job. So far I have one skeleton finished and nine others half-done so I'm nearly a tenth of the way there already.

No comments:

Post a Comment