Wednesday 13 February 2013

Zandri Blackshields army list

Aims of the army
There's no theme to this army at all. The plan here is to create a general, balanced army with some infantry, some cavalry, some monsters and as many wizards as I can fit in. The basis of the list were the kits I bought when the last Army Book came out: the Battalion (which is great), a couple of the new monsters and twenty Tomb Guard.

The list:

Lords
Tomb King (170) armed with great weapon (6) and light armour. Army General. 176 points
Heroes
Liche Priest (70) armed with hand weapon, Level 2 Wizard (35) using the Lore of Nehekhara riding a Skeletal Steed (10). Heirophant. 115 points
Liche Priest (70) armed with hand weapon, Level 1 Wizard. 70 points
Liche Priest (70) armed with hand weapon, Level 1 Wizard. 70 points
Tomb Herald (60) armed with hand weapon riding a Skeletal Steed (10). Battle Standard Bearer (25) carrying the Banner of Swiftness (15, +1 Movement). 110 points.
Core
20 Skeleton Warriors (80) armed with spear (20), light armour (20) and shield, full command (30). 150 points
20 Skeleton Warriors (80) armed with spear (20), light armour (20) and shield, full command (30). 150 points
11 Skeleton Horsemen (132) armed with spear, light armour (22) and shield, full command (30). 184 points
5 Skeleton Horse Archers (70) armed with hand weapon and bow, full command (30). 100 points.
3 Skeleton Chariots (165), Charioteers armed with spear and bow, full command (30). 195 points.
Special
20 Tomb Guard (220) armed with halberds (40), light armour and shields, full command (30). 290 points
3 Sephulchral Stalkers (165) armed with halberds.165 points
Rare
Necrosphinx (225). 225 points.

Total: 2000 points

This list gives me a good spread of foot and mounted units, plenty of core troops and a couple of impressive centrepiece units to get my teeth into. Totalled up the army comes to 88 individual models, mostly skeletons, so I should be able to finish it pretty quickly.

As to its tactical usefulness... not a clue. As I've said before this is an army I'm completely unfamiliar with so I'll be learning as I go. As you can see I've hedged my bets by taking a good spread of the Core choices and keeping the monstrous mad shit to a minimum. And Liche Priests, lots and lots of Liche Priests.
My only disappointment was I didn't have room on the list for some Ushabti but I can always swap out the Stalkers for them later or add them to a 2,400 points army list.

No comments:

Post a Comment